- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- 100% natural
- Made from pure meat, fish or quality plants
- Easily digestible
- Prepared to preserve goodness and flavour
- Tasty enough for even the fussiest canines
Dog treats can help us and our dogs in many ways every day, build that all important relationship, reward good behaviour, help with training, and can even keep your dog stimulated, occupied and happy.
They come in all shapes and sizes, from handy pocket-sized bites just perfect for training, to larger, longer-lasting chews to help stimulate their mind.
- Toxic ingredients like grapes, raisins, onion, chocolate, nuts etc.
- Watch out for high levels of salt and fat
- Feeding scraps of your food or leftovers, hidden ingredients can be dangerous
- Avoid rawhide - it often contains harsh chemicals and can be too tough to digest
- No added sugar - or unhealthy additives
- Easy-to-recognise ingredients - so you know what you’re feeding your dog
- Prepared in a healthy way - like air drying
- The right amount is important – make it a treat not a habit
- An enjoyable supplement – never more than 10% of your dog’s daily calories
- Counted and under control - keep track so you don’t over-treat!
The Kennel Club has a list of foods toxic to dogs on its website: